POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : gallery - gallery9_lowkb.jpg [0/1] : Re: gallery - gallery9_lowkb.jpg [1/1] Server Time
19 Aug 2024 00:26:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: gallery - gallery9_lowkb.jpg [1/1]
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 30 Mar 2001 12:46:04
Message: <3AC4C65C.5F516FD9@gmx.de>
Lutz-Peter Hooge wrote:

> I had to set it so 0.3, at 1 everything is white... maybe because I use
> colors > rgb 1.

As Gilles said, all finishes need to be changed, if you want to avoid
adapting the colors, you can try to play with the diffuse finish
component.

> But theres another problem: 0 PPS even with HQOn=0 :-(
> Only if I switch EVERYTHING off (reflections, isosurfaces, arealights
> etc), I can get a preview.

Be sure to turn off all additional light sources (just leave the sun
light).  Of course reflections and isosurfaces slow down things too, but
at least the pretrace should run with 'visible speed'.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>